I wish I could jump into Lois’ knapsack and hook a ride on these remarkable journeys, though reading her books, and hearing her speak about it are a thrill in themselves.
Below is a selection of my short films including my TEDx talk about the benefits and value of ‘vulnerable’ travel. This promotes the idea of travelling simply and with minimal kit, free of technology and gadgets, as a way of connecting with ourselves, our environment, and our fellow humans…
Lo-fi and DIY, preferring maps over apps, I believe this ethos makes for a more fulfilling travel experience… Following a satnav might deliver you to your destination on time… but asking directions of a stranger can lead to all kinds of wonderful and unexpected happenings…
Scroll down to listen to some of my BBC radio broadcasts and podcast interviews on a wide range of topics. I’m a regular contributor to the longstanding Radio 4 programme, From Our Own Correspondent and was formerly the travel correspondent for BBC Radio 5Live.
I frequently appear as a guest and commentator on a range of radio programmes and podcasts from all over the world, usually talking travel, books and adventure… but occasionally… playing the banjo…YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Tune into a selection of Lois’ BBC radio broadcasts and podcast interviews.
- BBC Radio 4 – Four Thought – War on Two Wheels
- BBC Radio 4 – From Our Home Correspondent – Boat Dwellers in Lockdown (16m 50s)
- BBC Radio 4 – From Our Own Correspondent – Iran’s Divided Loyalties (0m 33s)
- BBC Radio 4 – From Our Own Correspondent – Accompong Maroon Festival, Jamaica (06m 35s)
- BBC Radio 4 – From Our Own Correspondent, The Omidvar Brothers-Iranian Explorers (11m 41s)
- BBC Radio 4 Late Night Woman’s Hour, talking adventure
- BBC 6 Music -Interview with Cerys Matthews discussing Iran and playing some groovy Persian sounds
- BBC Radio 4 Shared Experience ‘Lost’ – discussing the perils and occasional pleasures of getting seriously lost with host Fi Glover
- The Overland Journal Podcast #6 – Interview with Lois Pryce
- Podcast from the Past – Talking postcards with Robin Ince
- Pegasoreise.de – Riding through Iran
- 5×15 Talks – Lois Pryce on motorcycling in Iran
- The Overlanding Podcast – Adventures in Iran
- Stanfords Travel Writers Festival 2019 – Solo Motorcycle Adventures
- Tough Girl Podcast – Interview with Lois Pryce
- Adventure Rider Radio – Lois Pryce | How I Found What I Wanted To Do In Life
- BBC Radio 4 – Midweek, Clive Stafford Smith, Lois Pryce, Nick Phillips, Christos Tsirogiannis